Install CommVault Agents on Windows
Posted by Jonathan Steichen, Last modified by Carl Ingram on 23 April 2014 09:36 PM
Browse to https://commcel.vigilant1.com/ to download the Back-up agents
1. Disable Firewall and Anti Virus.
2. Create a folder on the desktop called CommVault.
3. Download the Commvault –ClientStandard_Installer either 32 or 64 bit into the folder above.
4. Once downloaded extract file into the CommVault folder on desktop.
5. Double Click the CustomInstallPackage32Bit, Click Next
7. Click Next and let it create the directory. (extracting files into directory)
8. Open the Folder just created, Open CustomInstallPackage32Bit\Win32\Setup
9. Click Next.
10. Install Simpana, Next.
11. Click Next, Click Accept and Next.
13. Under Simpana>Client Modules>Backup and Recovery>File System>Windows File System iDataAgent.
14. Click NEXT. DO NOT CONFIGURE FIREWALL RIGHT NOW.
15. In the CommServe Host Name, put in commcel.vigilant1.com. Next.
16. Select a Client name to communicate with Comcel ( usually your company name ). Click Next, Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org , or to your service oreder email from vigilant with the " Client Name" you enter hear.
17. Yes, Disable, Always Disable. NEXT
18. You will need to reboot to finish.
19. Finish the Install upon reboot.
22. Let us know when you are finished, and what the name of your client is. From there, we should be able to make Firewall changes, and should be automatically pushed to you.
23. If the FW changes cannot be pushed to you, you will have to manually edit them. We will email you a txt document, to insert into the following location: C:\ProgramFiles\CommVault\Simpana\Base\FWConfigLocal.
If you like, Vigilant can install the service for you. It will be billable for 2-4 hours, depending on the agents you need. Contact your sale representative or login to your account at https://billing.vigilant1.com