Redeploying Edges using vCloud Director
After upgrading vShield Manager, you will need to upgrade the VSEs, especially if you notice performance problems.
- To find out the version of vShield, log in to vShield Manager. Go to About.
- Note the vShield Manager Release number.
- Go to vSphere and note the Version number of the VSE: (vse-Steichen….Version: 5.1.1-848085)
- There are 2 ways to upgrade the VSE
- vShield Manager
- vCloud Director
- In vCloud Director, log into the Organization that needs the Edge Gateway upgraded. Go to Administration>oVDCs and right click and select OPEN.
- Go to Edge Gateways and right click the Edge Gateway and select Re-Deploy…
- Note Status will change to Redeploying Edge
- In vSphere, note the tasks initiated by vShield, and the new Version number. (5.1.2-943471)
- Also note, in vCloud Director, status is set to Good.