Create a Windows Active Directory Domain User Account
Posted by Skip Munk, Last modified by Skip Munk on 01 March 2018 03:41 PM
This topic provides instructions for creating accounts in Active Directory on the Domain Controller. For a summary of the accounts that you create, see What Are the Accounts and Groups to Create?|
To create a domain account in Active Directory
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers window, expand <domain name>.com.
- Right-click Users, point to New, and then click User.
- In the New Object - User dialog box, do the following:
- Click Next.
- In the Password box, type a password for the account, and then in the Confirm password box, type the password again.
- Select User cannot change password and Password never expires, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 for all remaining accounts.